Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: generating a network map

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:43:11 -0500

You could use Etherape with a network discovery tool like Nmap. Etherape
will record the hosts visually via the generated traffic generated by
Nmap, but the topology won't be correct I don't think. Etherape will
detected chatty nodes between each other, but all the nodes discovered
via the Nmap traffic will just make a star map - but I could be wrong.
Worth a try...

-Todd