Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Government Compliance

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:33:27 -0500

I am not going to repeat the words of other posters, most made very good
points.

Most of the people on this list know the difference between a VA (vuln
assessment) test and PT (pen-test), but how much committees know the
difference? If running a VA test fills your credit for a PT test.. Then
something is wrong with the government compliance definitions of both,
it would seem.

VA test  is a subset of PT....IMHO anyways..

-Todd