Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Routers, Switches, and Firewall testing

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:42:42 -0500 (EST)

as a headup with;

* Isic - http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/ISIC/

Be careful when playing with this tools, it is very easy to take out a
system or whole network with this heavey duty tool.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Martin Fallon wrote:

Hello!

My two cents..

* ADMcisco - http://adm.freelsd.net/ADM/ADMcisco.tgz
* Isic - http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/ISIC/
* Mendax - http://adam.kaist.ac.kr/~bugsy/mendax.html

Best Regards,

Martin Fallon.

 --- Chris Kuethe <chris.kuethe () gmail com> escreveu:
I can't think of an all-in-one megatool that
actually does
*everything*. There's the usual suggestion of
nessus. I suppose it
really depends on what you're after; my lappy has at
a minimum:
* nmap
* nessus
* net-snmp
* hping
* snort
* perl

More than once having perl with lots of different
modules has saved my
butt; being able to quickly cook up a tool to
automate something, or
hack up a quick autorooter is very handy. Also, I
keep meaning to try
metasploit...

You might want to go look at the ports trees for the
various BSDs,
specifically the "net" and "security" directories.
All kinds of
goodies there: port scanners, password crackers,
sniffers, service
scanners, vulnerability scanners, toolkits...

The archives refer to a few knoppix based bootable
cd toolkits:
knoppix-std (http://www.knoppix-std.org/)
whoppix (http://www.whoppix.org/)
auditor security collection
(http://www.remote-exploit.org/)

CK

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:58:54 -0500, Greg Dreelin