Penetration Testing mailing list archives

DB2 - SQL Injection

From: "Andres Molinetti" <andymolinetti () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:17:45 +0000

I have already posted this a few days ago, but this time I have gattered more information and I think this would be a bit less fuzzy than the previous one:

I'm pen-testing an web app with a DB2 database.

I have found it is vulnerable to SQL Injection, but I'm having some problems in performing an UNION query to get data from other tables.

I suppouse the original query is like this: SELECT Cod,Desc FROM TB1 WHERE Desc='
(if I append: ' OR 1=1--          I get all rows returned)
so I have appended this string: ' UNION ALL SELECT 'A', 'A' FROM SYSTABLES --

Table TB1 has the following structure:

. Cod (char)
. Desc (char)
. FH (timestmp)
. Upd (char)

so...selecting 'A','A' should match column types....

anyway I still getting " UNION operands are not compatible"

any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Andy

Descarga gratis la Barra de Herramientas de MSN http://www.msn.es/usuario/busqueda/barra?XAPID=2031&DI=1055&SU=http%3A//www.hotmail.com&HL=LINKTAG1OPENINGTEXT_MSNBH