Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Identifying ACE (& TAO) service and further tests?

From: Marcus <mcwimp () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:10:55 -0400

I am trying to figure out how to conclusively id an ACE (& TAO)
service on a scan target. This is not RSA ACE, it is this one

   http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html

Before spending a lot of time on reading the documentation and trying
to write some code against this service I would like to know if anyone
on this list does have any useful pointers, code snippets etc.

Any suggestions on what further tests I should run to get an
understanding of the security (implications) of the service (if it is
ACE/TAO).

TIA,

Marcus

FREE WHITE PAPER - Wireless LAN Security: What Hackers Know That You Don't

Learn the hacker's secrets that compromise wireless LANs. Secure your
WLAN by understanding these threats, available hacking tools and proven
countermeasures. Defend your WLAN against man-in-the-Middle attacks and
session hijacking, denial-of-service, rogue access points, identity
thefts and MAC spoofing. Request your complimentary white paper at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/AirDefense_pen-test_050801