Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Cansec Pen-tester training May 3 & 4 2005

From: Alfred Huger <ah () securityfocus com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:12:13 -0600 (MDT)

All,

Each year which the Cansec West security conferance rolls around I post
to this list lauding it's excellence. This year is no exception. If you're
looking for a strong technical track conferance with a strong emphasis on
penetration testing and cutting edge research it's tough to beat Cansec.
It's also on the Canadian dollar which to most (unless your a Canadian) is
good news given it's depressed state compared to the Euro and the USD.

This year they are also offering small classroom instruction on topics
near and dear to the pen-testers heart. I've listed the URL below in
addition to the teachers and courses listed so far.

http://cansecwest.com/dojo.html

Assembly for Exploit Writing    Gerardo Richarte
Core Security Technologies

Your first Exploit: An accelerated class in Windows exploitation.
Dave Aitel
Immunity Inc.

Reverse Engineering: Rapid Bug Discovery and Input Crafting     Halvar

Advanced Network Reconaissance with NMAP        Fyodor
Insecure.Org

Vulnerability Scanning: Advanced Nessus Usage.  Renaud Deraison & Nicolas
Pouvesle
Tenable Network Security

Advanced IDS deployment and Signature Creation  Marty Roesch & Brian
Caswell
Sourcefire

Applied network security and advanced anomaly detection using state-of-the
art honeypots and netflow/NIDS  Laurent Oudot & Nico Fischbach
rstack, COLT telecom