Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: WEP attacks based on IV Collisions

From: leonardo <billtorvalds1 () yahoo it>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 00:09:25 +0200

* Thursday 03 June 2004, alle 13:43, pen-test () nym hush com scrive:
This is only true if Shared Key Authentication is in use.  Vendors saw
this as moronic years ago.  I'm not sure how many AP's (if any) use Shared
Key Authentication as the default, but every AP I've seen has had Open
System Authentication as an option (which essentially just skips that
step).

that's good, but Is it the same for clients? if we're still talking
about plain 802.11 with WEP then you can always deauthenticate a client
and behave like an AP, asking the client to authenticate with Shared
Key. Then you just have to send as a challenge text the bytes you want
that client to crypt for you.

ciao,
leonardo.

--

0C5F B8DE 3136 1506 96D0  1806 7674 D513 A66E 7854