Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: new NMAP re-tool(ing)

From: Tyler Durden <fadingreality414 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 02:28:54 -0700 (PDT)

Very nice. Can we expect updates in the future?
.......Version numbers by banner grabbing and such?

Good stuff. Keep up the good work.

--Oedipus

--- Pete Herzog <pete () isecom org> wrote:
Hi,

We have a new interesting NMAP assistance tool at
the ISECOM website:
nwrap.pl.  You will find it at

http://www.isecom.org/projects/toolsandtemplates.shtml.

NWRAP uses the OPRP (Open Protocol Resource Project
database at

http://www.isecom.info/cgi-local/protocoldb/browse.dsp)
to enhance the
port findings by listing all known protocols and
services for those
ports.  It's especially handy for testing ports
above the 1024 range.

Use it just as you would NMAP (must be installed and
in your path).  The
OPRP dump which must accompany it should be included
in the same directory.

NWRAP was written by Simon Biles.
The OPRP is maintained by Dru Lavigne.

Sincerely,