Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Volunteer pen testing

From: Matt Bellizzi <matt.bellizzi () nokia com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:04:31 -0800

Hey folks

Just wanted to bounce an idea off on this list. Lately I've been thinking of doing some charity work. However I generally avoid physical labor. The idea has entered my brain to provide pen testing/security audit services to non profits. I am by no means a pet test expert. Although I do have solid networking/security skills (I'm a QA engineer for IPSec VPNs and firewalls). Obviously for a non profit to be eligible they would either need a constant-on connection or a co-located host. Just thought it would be a fun way to learn more about pen testing, help the community and helping organizations that are generally straped for cash.