Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Why eEye Retina (was MBSA scanner)

From: Renaud Deraison <deraison () nessus org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:55:00 -0700

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 11:33:24AM -0400, Lovrien, Scott wrote:
There are numerous products out that use the Nessus Scanning platform to
also include ReddShell Corporation's SecureScan to name one.  Go to
www.reddshell.com to check them out.  They beat the pants off anyone else in
regards to pricing and support.

I surely hope they're beating anyone in terms of pricing and support, as
they use Nessus without giving anything back to the community.

I can also see on their whitepaper that they bundle Nessus "with
proprietary extensions", so I assume they are in pure violation of the
GPL - I'll probably have to investigate that.

                                -- Renaud

--
Renaud Deraison
http://www.nessus.org

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html