Penetration Testing mailing list archives

HTTP Manipulation

From: Arthur Clune <ajc22 () york ac uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:37:48 +0100

--On 20/04/04 11:14:51 -0700 Jeremy Junginger wrote:

Could any of you PERL gurus see if I've missed something important here?

Perl cookbook, section 17.1

#!/usr/bin/perl

use IO::Socket;

$socket = IO::Socket::INET->new(PeerAddr => "www.x.com",
PeerPort => 80, Proto => "tcp", Type => SOCK_STREAM);

print $socket "GET /\n\n\n";

print <$socket>;
close $socket;

I really would just use the module here since there's no reason not to for
what you are doing.

--
Arthur
PGP signing key A0389A4B. Full key http://www.clune.org/pubkey.txt

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html