Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: RE: pen testing management and control system

From: lawal () shaw ca
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:02:36 -0600

In addition to Jason's comments, it is equally possible that the Firewall protecting the device you are scanning may
have implemented some form of intrusion prevention. If it is a linux based firewall for example with portsentry
running, the firewall may have detected that an attack was in progress from your ip and then blocked all incoming
connections from your attack box. If you can determine thet kind of Firewall it is, it may give you a better idea as to
what the firewall may be doing...

Hope this helps.

Ola