Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: remote privilege escalation

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:09:58 -0500

Also fun is using MSADC, since its enabled by default for localhost...
-dave

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:11:16 -0800 (PST)
Javier Liendo <javier () liendo net> wrote:

hello

have you tried

http://www.digitaloffense.net/archives/iissystem/

regards

javir

--- Jeremy Bartels <Jeremy.Bartels () allsecure-it com>
wrote:
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me how I go about escalating
my privileges to SYSTEM
remotely on a windows 2000 Server SP1 'out of the
box' installation.

I can do it when I am sitting in front of the PC
with ERunAs2X.exe
if I try to use ErunAs2X remotely with: ERunAs2X.exe
"nc.exe -l -p
50000 -d -e cmd.exe"
I get the error:

The application failed to initialize properly
(0xc0000142). Click on OK to
terminate the application.

the title bar of the windows says:  cmd.exe -
Application error

does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Jeremy

-------
This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security
Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA
service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security
vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/