Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Catalyst 4006 CatOS Password Hash

From: miguel.dilaj () pharma novartis com
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:16:50 +0000

Hi Paul,

As far as I remember, those $2 should correspond to BlowFish.
Anyway, it's the first time I see that on Cisco devices, but that's not my
specific field of expertise.
John can crack BlowFish (again: AFAIR), so if they're not recognized
perhaps something is different.
Can you post an example hash? (One for which you know the password).
Cheers,

Miguel

"Paul Bakker" <bakker () fox-it com>
10/12/2003 11:32