Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: BIND/DNS Version check

From: Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka <mfrd () attitudex com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:49:38 -0700 (PDT)

Dlint:
http://www.domtools.com/dns/dlint.shtml

and

good old dig command on *nixes. (man dig)

Regards
--------
Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

--- "Asim Shaikh" <wezmaster () hotmail com> wrote:

Hi There All again,

First of all thanxs a lot for your replys over apache chunk code files.. It
helped me a lot. :).

I would like to know if there is any tool out there which can check for
version of BIND/DNS running on the server.. or a scanner which can scan for
the possible BIND/DNS vulnerabilites..

I would like to know tools available on both paltform *nix and also Win32.

thanxs again
Asim Shaikh

Costs are climbing and complaints are rising
as SPAM overloads your e-mail servers and Inboxes
SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam & viruses
and gives you the reports to prove it.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-pen-test2
Download a free trial and see just
what's going in and out of your organization.

[ATTITUDEX.COM]
http://www.attitudex.com/

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you () yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more!
http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag