Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Arp spoofing & dsniff

From: "The D" <darkkeclipse () subdimension com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:48:56 +0900

- arpspoof : as soon as i lauch arpspoof, the network is
almost out of service. I mean i can still ping pcs between
eachother, but the telnet sessions won't open. ( I ENABLED
THE IPFORWARDING OPTION ON MY LINUX COMPUTER, and it works
as the pings go through it ).

Well... it works for me....

I guess you did it both for /etc/sysconfig/network as well as
 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
right ?

Else it is possibly something to do with the switch.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/