Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Pentesting a Citrix Network

From: Franklin DeMatto <franklin.lists () qDefense com>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 16:53:33 -0500

I'm pentesting a network that includes two Citrix servers on Win 2k. As I have no experience whatsoever with Citrix, I thought I'd ask if anyone can help me out. The servers listen on port 80, with the following banners:

HEAD / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad request
Server: Citrix Web PN Server
Date: xxxx
Connection: Close

They also listen on the 1494 port (which is designated for citrix)

I was unable to get it to respond to any HTTP request, by hand or with a browser.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with some of the following questions (again, they may be basic, I have never used Citrix):

Which Citrix product is it?  Is there a way to fingerprint it?
How do I get it to respond to HTTP requests?
Are there any information disclosure possibilites? How about vulnerabilities (i.e. buffer overflows, etc.)?

Any help would be very appreciated!

Franklin DeMatto
Senior  Analyst, qDefense Penetration Testing
http://qDefense.com
qDefense: Making Security Accessible

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/