Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: pen test help please asap

From: "Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg)" <rdawes () deloitte co za>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:30:28 +0200

What I have found to be the simplest way of confusing Virus scanners is to
compress the file, using one of the "PKLite" style self-decompressing
executable tools.

i.e.

Take BackOrifice 2000, build it and link it with your config.
Run it - Virus scanner busts you.
Run upx on the file.
Run the result - no virus scanner

Rogan