Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Samba Client using Password Hash

From: "helmut schmidt" <helmutsch69 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:58:15 +0000

Hi,

I understand that there exists a modified version of the SAMBA smbclient
that allows the ability to logon to NT from UNIX using only the password
hash.

I downloaded samba 2.2.3a this morning but I cant find any documentation
regarding this feature.

Can someone point me to the right smbclient version and some man pages
explaining how to do it ?

much appreciated. Helmut

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/