Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Brute force .htpasswd

From: H D Moore <sflist () digitaloffense net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:49:48 -0600

MDCrack is one of the nicest MD5 brute forcers I have come across. You may
need to mangle the hashes a little bit to get mdcrack to accept them, but it
should do the trick. JTR is also very good at cracking md5 hashes, they have
in the correct format for it to recognize them though.

MDCrack:
http://mdcrack.multimania.com/nsindex2.html