Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Penetrating Wireless Networks

From: "van der Kooij, Hugo" <Hugo.van.der.Kooij () CAIW NL>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:07:38 +0100

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Rafael Coninck Teigao wrote:

After reading the faq, I started thinking:
    wouldn't be easier to just use some kind of software encryption,
like IP-Sec?

    Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it would be possible to
set software on the gateway at the base station and on the mobile
machine to encrypt the hole traffic. After all, AFAIK, the wireless
device works solely as a bridge.

I wouldn't use it this way. If you need security use an IPSEC tunnel from
WS to server.

Hugo.

--
hugo () vanderkooij org         http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/