Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] DNS testing tool

From: Laura Nuñez <potus () glacyar com ar>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:36:56 -0300

Hi all,
        I am trying to find any tool to pen test a DNS server, or
documentation about best practices to set it up.
        I have this, by the moment
                - Disable Zone Transfers
                - Assign reverse DNS to only those host that require it
                - Split DNS for internal hosts
                - Apply fixes, version upgrades to avoid known
vulnerabilities
                - Don't include additional info records,

        Thare is something else i should account? Or tools to check this
automatically? I have been using SamSpade for Zone Transfers.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Saludos, Laura
Laura Nuñez
mailto:potus () glacyar com ar
PGP Fingerprint: 995C 89F3 DAF5 F106 4D6C C4B4 8A0C 832F A2FD 1BBA
PGP Public Key: http://www.glacyar.com.ar/potus.asc
Sitio web: http://www.glacyar.com.ar
Lista Glacyar InfoSec: http://glacyar.listbot.com/