Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pipeupsam Usage

From: "Todd Willey" <willey () blue net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:51:27 -0500

the source is available at dogmile.com/files/pipeup.html.  you should be
able to work it out from there. ;)

todd[1]
ubermother

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adams, Mark" <markadams () kpmg com>
To: <pen-test () securityfocus com>
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 9:33 AM
Subject: Pipeupsam Usage

I am currently trying out pipeupsam.exe and pipeupadmin.exe on a W2K /
IIS5
box.  It appears that both programs try to utilize the Clipbook service in
order to perform their respective actions, but they only work if I
manually
start the service on the web server.  I have a remote netcat command shell
on the web server and am trying to elevate my rights using these tools,
but
I am trying to figure out how I can do it.  If the Clipbook service is not
started then I get an error saying so and it hangs; if the Clipbook
service
is started then I get an "Access Denied" message and it hangs.  Any ideas?

Mark Adams, CISSP
markadams () kpmg com

*
privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
is unauthorized.

distribution
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed
in

*