Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: how IKE works in case of Checkpoint Firewall

From: DABDELMO () bouyguestelecom fr
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:29:37 +0200

I guess I had another problem last time I tested that, cause in fact it does
not use necessarily DH group 2. It can also use group 1. The decision about
the DH group is probably made following the proposals of the IKE peer. If
there is a compatible IKE proposal made with DH group 1 then group 1 is
used, if it is with group 2 then this is group 2. At least it seems to
behave this way.

David