Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Linksys Pen Test

From: "NetW3.COM Consulting" <netw3 () cosmos lod com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 01:22:42 -0500 (CDT)

Which model of Linksys are you working with and what type of netowrk
environment? One of my clients uses a Linksys DSL router, and the
default authentication is admin/admin unless changed manually. This is a
model BEFRsomething (can't remember the number off the top of my head).

I've not tried to pen test the device, but I imagine if you could get
to the internal network you could open up a web browser admin session
to the device (found by traceroute to the outside, of course, or
on the default address 192.168.1.1 as you said).

Curt Wilson