Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Expand right under Win2K

From: "Edwards, David (JTD)" <Edwards.David2 () SAUGOV SA GOV AU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:58:49 +1030

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamas Foldi [mailto:geza () KAPU HU]
Sent: Thursday, 11 January 2001 5:57 AM
To: PEN-TEST () SECURITYFOCUS COM
Subject: Re: [PEN-TEST] Expand right under Win2K

to Dave:
it is interesting what you wrote, but i would like to ask You
to go into
details about the All_users startup

Can you write to "c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Startup" ?

Does anyone knows any password brute forcer that
works without accessing the SAM file?

Roll your own using "runas" (on the local
administrator account as it shouldn't lock out..)

ciao
dave
---
Dave Edwards
Justice Technology Division
Ph: +61 8 82265426 || 0408 808355
mailto: edwards.david2 () saugov sa gov au
Snail : Justice Technology Division
        GPO Box 2048, Adelaide 5001
---
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or legally
privileged.  Use or disclosure by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately
---
5. AT command returns access denied

You could do this with a "Shell Folder" vulnerability, and others...

Could you tell more info about this bug?

2)  Brute force attack against accounts with local Administrator
privilege.

We are still eager to hear further ideas on this issue since
nothing that
we tried worked yet.

. .. _
Foldi Tamas - We Are The Hashmar In The Rootshell - Security
Consultant
       crow () linuxfreak com / crow () kapu hu / (+36 30) 221-74-77