Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Hunt1.5

From: charlie <richard.labella () FLASHCOM NET>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 04:06:17 -0500

Group,

testing hunt on my home network before I pen test the corp. lan. having trouble getting it to run. Anyone else having
trouble with this as well?

I set up my options
Set up my conn policy

...at this point I am lost, but continued on trying a varying degree of options. for example:

starting sniffing daemon. When I go back to the main menu I keep getting 'no connections are available' when I want to
watch communications between two hosts that I seem to be setting up correctly.

My intentions are to see how easy it is to sniff client/server communications on our corporate lan, arp spoof, hijack,
etc. My next step is to put something in place to mitigate or recognize these types of attempts to protect and defend
session hijacking and password sniffing in the future. Makes for nice conversation at my next management meeting and if
I can demonstrate these types of attacks to top-level executive and board in real time, I can help make a difference
and keep getting my point across. :>)

Big, huge thanks out to Pavel Krauz if I can get it to work. I know the problem is me. Hope someone can assist in a
knowledge transfer.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

The fool says, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket," but the wise man says, "put all your eggs in one basket and
watch that basket!"