Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Trojan with outbound notification and no payload

From: Justin Funke <Jfunke () kortexcomputer com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:27:26 -0500

Does anyone know of a script that when executed from an email can notify
back to me that the attachment was executed. I don't want anything with any
kind of payload - just a notification as part of a test.

Something not detectable by virus scanners would be a bonus - I want to
audit the human component of the equation.

Thanks,

Justin.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/