Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Netcat for multiple file transfer.

From: Rajeev Kumar <rajeev () rajeevnet com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:44:30 -0400

I have a situation where I have to copy multiple files from machine 'A'  to
machine 'B' using netcat. For transfer of  single file I can use netcat
command something like below on machineA and machineB.

machineB%  nc -l -p 9000 > file1
machineA%  cat file1 | nc machineB 9000

Now I want to automate this process by using scripts or any nifty trick of
netcat so that I can transfer multiple files (file1, file2, file3 ...) from
machineA to machineB without manually typing server and client netcat command
'nc' each time. Restriction is I have to  transfer these files serially. i.e
I would like to transfer file2 when file1 transfer is done and so on.

Any suggestions, pointers ?

Rajeev

--
        Rajeev Kumar (rajeev () rajeevnet com)
                http://www.rajeevnet.com

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/