Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] ports

From: Erik Tayler <nine () 14X NET>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:23:23 -0500

This could be what you are looking for... [ information is not from my own
knowledge ]

: # SSH creates a fake X server, starting with :10.0, when X forwarding is
: # enabled.  X uses the port "6000 + N" where N is the screen number, so,
: # since ssh starts with :10.0, that port would be 6010.

Just wanted to throw in that the first "N" is controlled in the sshd_config
file at least for version 1 with this line:

X11DisplayOffset 10

Erik Tayler
14x Network Security
http://www.14x.net