Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Network Mapping

From: Edward Mitchell <ed () THE7THBEER COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:22:30 -0700

I do(well 8.6...no copies of 9 around and I want a separate box to use X
server).

Intermapper was incredibly fun to toss out at Pacific Bell's local DSL
subnets.  It was klunky in a few areas, but it identified dozens of
vulnerable Cayman DSL boxes.  I even informed Pac Bell that they were
sending out vulnerable boxes to customers and their response was "We're
not responsible for security.  The customer is."

*sigh*

All jabs aside, MacOS has some nice tools for poking around networks and
doing small-scale portscans and ARP tinkering.