Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] PC Anywhere protocol

From: "Dunker, Noah" <NDunker () FISHNETSECURITY COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:54:38 -0500

Kind of on a side-note, I've noticed that with a quick sniffer i wrote
specifically to dump the TCP stream of VNC to a file, I was able to get
all sorts of data from VNC.  All typed text goes over in clear-text, but
mixed amongst a heap of other garbage (probably "video" data getting
transferred to "draw" the character on the remote screen).

It might be helpful with "Screenspy" (I know, you said not to hold my
breath)... The passwd does seem to get sent over in an encoded/encrypted
format... probably the same format it stores it in the file/registry...
Anyone remember a similar problem (hey dude, pass the hash, I'm jones-in')?