Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Recourse Technologies -- info wanted

From: Mark Teicher <mark.teicher () NETWORKICE COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:40:37 -0700

Yes, I evaluated an earlier version of their ManTrap and ManHunt
application prior to the recent release.
It has a long way to go before it can be deployed in an enterprise type
environment.  I had a lot of issues with them designing a HoneyPot like
application on top of a known operating system.  It didn't really make much
sense to me, and still doesn't.  I have been trying to setup a meeting with
them to discuss the various issues and have continued to re-schedule so
there I have given up providing them any information that may help them
improve their product at an enterprise level.

Supposedly they have a nifty BackTrace (hacker trace) and supposedly are
able to reveal a SPOOFED IP address and reveal the real source of the
traffic.  At InterOp, they could not demonstrate this for me.

/mark