Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] VirtualVault

From: /usr/sbin/Mitchd <mitch.mitchell () ANCHORSILK COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:00:46 -0400

Virtual vault is known as a "compartmentalized OS". The directory structure
is multi-tiered, as is
the networking components. From a network standpoint, it places a number of
attributes on each
packet traversing the box, routing data to those who have authenticated and
satisfied the attributes components.

Like Trusted Solaris, the OS is used mainly by financial institutions and
Government agencies
with sensitive data.

If you choose to use a compartmentalized OS, my suggestion is to hire
someone with familiarity in
this arena. Compared to standard UNIX or VMS, this is a whole different ball
game.

Just my $0.02,
Mitch