Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Web application testing tools

From: Thomas Reinke <reinke () E-SOFTINC COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:55:31 -0400

nessus - www.nessus.org
Freely available to download

http://www.securityspace.com - Desktop Audit
All the tests available on-line that are provided by nessus.
All individual tests free to run, run all 518 at one shot
and save your fingers several hours of work for $49.

In both cases, nessus tests for specific known vulnerabilities
in various COTS packages, so if it is a custom app, the tool
isn't going to help a whole hell of a lot...

Thomas

"Eaton, Dave" wrote:

I have been asked to look for tools that can be used to test our web
applications, both from a security and a performance standpoint.  I would
appreciate any comments on existing tools, both commercially available and
free-ware.  All suggestions and comments welcome.
TIA...... dave

Dave Eaton, Systems Associate
e-Information Services
Eastman Chemical Company
deaton () eastman com  Phone: 423.229.3032

--
Thomas Reinke                            Tel: (905) 331-2260
Director of Technology                   Fax: (905) 331-2504