Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Citrix

From: "van der Kooij, Hugo" <Hugo.van.der.Kooij () CAIW NL>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:46:20 +0200

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Beauregard, Claude Q wrote:

I consider a hole any function of the firewall that opens a port to provide
direct access to an internal network resource in this a case a Citrix
server.

I think most wether or not this is a whole is wether or not some
additional checks are made on the traffic passing.

If the traffic isn't checked then it is a hole. However if strict protocol
checking is done this may not be a hole at all.

Wether or not the ICA protocol is enforcable is something I can't judge.

Hugo.

--
hvdkooij () caiw nl     http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)