Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] WebEx security?

From: Erik Tayler <erik () DIGITALOFFENSE NET>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:26:09 -0600

I wasn't referring at all to their products, I don't even know what they
offer. I was under the assumption that in some way, your information
would end up on one of their servers, which I wouldn't be too happy
with. I lack in familiarity with what they offer, but do they not offer
services that are run through their systems [are not client-side only]?

Erik Tayler
http://www.digitaloffense.net
http://www.14x.net

I would have to disagree with the notion that weak network security on
their site relates to an insecure product. The IT folks are without doubt
not the same people who are writing the application in question. I can
think of a number of vendors who have excellent products in terms of
security and terrible network security....

Bad IT people do not add up to a bad product.