Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] War Dialling

From: Steve <steve () SECURESOLUTIONS ORG>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:24:35 -0700

Hi Scott.

I'm not sure you would want to only seek out the numbers that are relevant
to just the IT department as in my experience, it is usually some VP of HR
or CEO that has the rogue modem setup.  Most people war dial to identify
modems that are set to answer and give backdoor access to a workstation on
the network.  You definitely want to cover the whole organization when doing
this.

-Steve