Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Autocomplete Function

From: N Catlow <n.catlow () ERIS DERA GOV UK>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:07:22 +0000

The only place I know of that would contain the settings
would be in user.dat, but they appear to be encoded (at
least they are not present in plain text).

Isn't user.dat just a hive of HKEY_CURRENT_USER ?
(showing complete ignorance and indifference to NT)

Are we talking about Intelliforms or url autocompletion?,
there seems to be some confusion. But saying that they could
both contain passwords or session ids.

regards,

Nathan
--
N.Catlow () eris dera gov uk |  All opinions  | IT Security, DERA,