Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Disaster Recovery

From: Robert.Hall () ALLFIRST COM
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:51:52 -0500

Tony,
John Walsh from our Information Security group has forwarded your concern to me
and asked that I provide you with my perspective on the issue. There probably is
no simple solution to this growing concern. Just like you I grew up in a
mainframe environment and when I started Contingency Planning here at Allfirst
Bank back in 1984 our focus was on recovering the mainframe and several critical
midrange platforms. As our whole distributed environment has grown over the past
5 years we have also struggled with getting our arms around the whole integrated
testing issue. I would be happy to discuss the issues with you. There are many
things that need to be in place to ensure that adequate backup exists and this
typically equates to how much money a company wants to spend to address this
issue. You now have my EMail address and my direct telephone number is
(410)545-2623.

Thanks,
Bob Hall

jpw
---------------------- Forwarded by John P Walsh/NOTES on 11/14/2000 12:33 PM

Tony Tony <tony572000 () HOTMAIL COM> on 11/13/2000 11:01:36 PM

Please respond to Penetration Testers <PEN-TEST () SECURITYFOCUS COM>