Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] ...

From: "J. Oquendo" <intrusion () ENGINEER COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 20:28:37 -0500

Bob, your message seems to imply that I am misinforming.  Where specifically do you think I have misinformed?
"Re-check" what?!

Whoa... I Shoulve addressed this to Bob myself as I was only meaning to answer This message. But since you bring it up
I should only inform you of the following: During the past few months I've had the opportunity work out here in New
York with some really great people one of them being top security wiz/guru whom was actually working with Citibank at
the time of this incident. We've spoken about it frequently as we are both in the security field, (security
engineering, product engineering, etc) killall -9 info... Anyways this happened according to a source on possibly HP-UX
(I have to confirm what flavor Unix but will send a pvt msg to anyone that wants to know.) Anyways according to the
source, the actual hack was caught from the beginning and was separated and monitored throughout the whole time in an
effort to catch the perpetrators.

S'from what I've heard, would the person lie? Highly doubtable and I'd put my faith and trust in him.

1] where is your head at?
2] can you get your ego out of this problem?

Fisticuffs, anyone?!

1] S'been on the underground comp security scene for the past 4 years
2] I've no ego problem you've a perception problem perhaps

Fisticuffs? Over an answer? Get a life.
Bob <bob () cavu com> 10/31/00 12:27PM >>>
Within the past one to two three years, CitiBank was relieved of a large
amount of money electronically by Russian crackers.  I believe the total
was about US$10,000,000.  The money was not recovered and the crackers
were not identified or caught.

Bob

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com