Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] More on Moderation

From: Alfred Huger <ah () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:08:30 -0800

Hey folks,

Well, I came in this morning to a plethora oa mail complaining about the
volume, or rather more to the point the repetitive nature of the
messages. From now on, please stay away from 'yeah me too' or expounding
on points which have already been made unless you have more relavent new
information to add. Thankyou to all the people who mailed in, I appreciate
it, it's tough to figure out what I am doing wrong without feedback.

Lastly, when volume get's up to this level I see alot of unsubs from the
list(s) - pretty normal behavior. The only thing that surprises me is the
amount of people who can't figure out *how* to get off the
list(s). Complications of wierd mailers, bad DNS and multiple .forward'ed
accounts all aside this is a bit depressing. I can say for sure that I
would not want anyone who could not figure out listserv (with it's AMPLE
documentation) to either audit my network or perform system forensics for
me.

If you need help with listserv I am glad to give it, however you can also
simply mail listserv () securityfocus com with HELP in the body and you will
get a great referance mail with all the commands you will ever need.

Cheers,
-al

Alfred Huger
VP of Engineering