Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] PIX Firewall Question

From: Eduardo_Campos.CREDOMATIC () CREDOMATIC COM
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 08:44:02 -0600

I guess you were scanning the outside interface so telnet should not be
open. Or maybe it was another address so telnet was open ?
The policy on the PIX config is that all is denied except by the explicit
open sentences of static/conduits which enable the open ports. So, the
admin could have open all those ports. Weird ports to be open anyway.
The PIX (by default) randoms the sequence number, as nmap described, so it
could give you a good guess. Although, I know many FW do the same.

Greetings

                    Anubis The
                    Godfather of Soul         To:     PEN-TEST () SECURITYFOCUS COM
                    <chrome () VELVET NET        cc:
                    >                         Subject:     Re: [PEN-TEST] PIX Firewall Question
                    Sent by:
                    Penetration