Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] hacking oracle questions

From: Michael Owen <mowen () COSTCO COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:44:36 -0800

1) How do I discover what table names exist in a particular
Oracle database
   i.e. the schema? Once I have the table names, I can use the
   "describe" command in svrmgrl to get the columns in the
   table , but apparently there is no easy way to get the
   table names themselves..

the following will return a list of users, as well as all the tables each
one owns:

select owner, table_name
from all_tables
order by owner, table_name;

2) It appears I may need to use the Schema Editor (java interface),
   but it doesn't appear that the username/password there match
   up with any user accounts in Oracle. What is the relationship
   between the accounts for the java interface versus actual
   Oracle accounts (accessible through sqlplus)?

The username/password is probably for accessing an oem (Oracle Enterprise
Manager) server, which is a service running on your nt box. Look for a
service named Oracle[orahome]ManagementServer. You can use dba studio to
hook into the management server, and perform all kinds of sweet ops on the
databases it manages. The oracle username is probably REPOSITORY/REPOSITORY
or someother similar name. The default username/password to get into OEM is
SYSMAN/OEM_TEMP.

HTH,
Mike

Michael Owen