Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Nortel Contivity Extranet Switches

From: "Ogle Ron (Rennes)" <OgleR () THMULTI COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:37:53 +0200

We are testing the Nortel Contivity switch.  Nortel advertises that this
switch is a firewall and should be placed in parallel with your other
firewalls.  I know that you can install CheckPoint Firewall-1 on the switch,
but the Nortel representative says that there are problems with this type of
install.  I haven't been able to find any evidence that this product has
been independently tested for security weaknesses.

Does any one know of a site where I can get independent information on this
product or know of weaknesses?  We ran ISS 6.01 against it, and it didn't
find any problems.  Are there any IPsec gotchas that might be exploitable
from this implementation.  Any information would be greatly appreciated
before we install this in parallel.

Thanks in advance.

Ron Ogle