Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] SQL 7.0 Password Crack

From: Roberto Poblete <roberto () ORION CL>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 16:28:44 -0400

I think you should try DataBase Scanner from ISS.NET.

Good Lock.

atte
Roberto

thor () HAMMEROFGOD COM escribe:
Greetings:
Does anyone have a method of extracting the binary password information
for
logins in the master..sysxlogins table in SQL 7.0?
I am looking for something similar to L0pht to run against SQL.  This
assumes Mixed Mode with sa or admin access.

I am not interested in changing or replacing passwords- rather I want to
extract the existing passwords for all defined logins.
I have seen dictionary attacks that are quite slow and work a single user
at
a time, and am not interested in that.

I am thanking you.

Attonbitus Deus
thor () hammerofgod com

Atte,
Roberto Poblete / email: roberto () orion cl
fono: 6403943 / Fax: 6403990
Orion 2000
Servicios Profesionales en Seguridad Informática