PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: debug x86 custom OS

From: HaQue <admin () smartwave-wireless com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:27:49 +1100

Thank you to all the responses so far.
I will be looking at Qemu today.

The hardware this system runs on is Intel 810e,815, 845 based motherboards only. basically PentiumIII and 4. It is very specifically written to access this hardware directly, with no bloat whatsoever.

This is why emulation and virtualisation is so tricky. Unless I can get the VM/emu to mimick these exact mainboards, Its going to crash.